- What: Applications have opened for the 2019-2020 B-Start cohort, a free pre-accelerator program for entrepreneurs who want to take their creative business idea and launch a for-profit innovation-driven business in Monroe County.
- Who is eligible: Students and professionals residing in Monroe County (including Bloomington) are eligible to participate.
- Application deadline: September 20, 2019
- More details: Please see the press release below and attached – more information is at http://www.b-start.org/.
- Classroom outreach: Know a class on campus that might be interested in learning more? Ellyn Sallee, who manages B-Start, is available to speak to interested groups about the program.
Applications have opened for the 2019-2020 B-Start cohort, a pre-accelerator program for entrepreneurs who want to take their creative business idea and launch a for-profit innovation-driven business across Monroe County, Indiana. The Bloomington Economic Development Corporation (BEDC) will accept applications between August 26 and September 20 for Monroe County residents. The 5-month program includes mentorship, consultations with local experts, business development workshops, and a pitch competition.
“B-Start has graduated 27 companies since it launched in 2015. Given great demand from past program applicants, this year we have already increased our mentor capacity, allowing us to accept more entrepreneurs into our program for the 2019-20 session,” said Ellyn Sallee, Project/Development Manager at the BEDC. “B-Start was created to increase opportunities in our community that support local talent and foster entrepreneurial activity. With the success of B-Start over the past five years, the BEDC is committed to advancing our community’s innovation-driven and high-growth companies, ultimately creating new jobs and strengthening Monroe County’s entrepreneurship ecosystem.”
B-Start has proven to be an important component of Monroe County’s local economic development. It is supported by organizations including Cook Group, IU Ventures, Gayle & Bill Cook Center for Entrepreneurship – Ivy Tech Bloomington, The Mill and others. For more information and to apply, visit www.b-start.org.
About the Bloomington Economic Development Corporation (BEDC)
The BEDC is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the retention, development, and attraction of quality jobs in Monroe County. The BEDC is led by a partnership of private industry leaders, the City of Bloomington, Monroe County, Indiana University and Ivy Tech Community College–Bloomington. Since 1985, BEDC has been dedicated to enhancing the vitality of our community. As the leading economic development organization for Bloomington/Monroe County, we are focused on increasing opportunities whether it’s through supporting our existing businesses, tackling workforce issues, or fostering entrepreneurial activity. For more information, visit www.bloomingtonedc.com.