Attention: Hospitality Management Program Departments / Professors
The Association of Destination Management Executives International (ADMEI) awards two scholarships annually. The Linda Thompson Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students who are preparing for a career in Destination Management. One scholarship will be awarded to a North American student and the other to a student studying hospitality management outside North America.
The following document uploads are required in the application process.
- Letter of recommendation from either a professor or a professional in the meetings industry. The letter, in English, should verify their commitment and ability to complete the educational program, experience in the event management industry, whether volunteer or paid, and aptitude to deal with the demands of the Destination Management profession.
- An essay, in English, of at least 250 words that explains:
- their interest in the Destination Management/Event Management Industry
- their knowledge or experience in the Destination Management/Event Management field
- focus of studies and goals
- how receiving this scholarship would help them achieve their goals
- their thoughts and experiences with a recent event they have attended
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a committee of Destination Management professionals beginning on 1 November. The scholarships will be announced in December and awarded in 2020. Scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the 2020 ADMEI Annual Conference (and 25th Anniversary Celebration) 30 JAN – 1 FEB in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Scholarship recipients need not be present to accept their award, however, if they choose to participate in the annual meeting, they will receive complimentary registration, hotel accommodations, and airfare assistance courtesy of ADMEI.
Questions regarding the Linda Thompson Memorial Scholarship, can be directed to Lisa DeGolyer, Deputy Executive Vice President, ADMEI office at +1-512-551-0407 or email@example.com.