WHAT IS THE MLB DIVERSITY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM?
MLB Club Fellowship Program
- Selected candidates in the Club Fellowship will be placed in one of our 30 Clubs in the United States or Canada for a minimum period of 18 months.
- The Fellows will not have the option to choose a Club or location, so, applicants should have flexibility to relocate for any of the assignments.
- During his or her tenure, Club Fellows will be appointed to an entry-level role in either the front office or baseball operations department.
MLB Office of the Commissioner Fellowship Program
- The selected candidate for the MLB Office of the Commissioner Fellowship will be placed in New York City for a minimum period of 18 months.
- The Fellow will rotate through MLB’s baseball operations and labor economics departments under the supervision of respective department heads.
While all disciplines are eligible to apply, we strongly encourage candidates with degrees or knowledge in economics, analytics, computer science, applied mathematics, law, and business to submit applications. The Fellowship will begin post-graduation (if applicable) on a mutually agreed upon date between the Office of the Commissioner and/or Club and the chosen fellow.
- Open to people of color and female candidates.
- Candidates must be recent graduates (spring 2017 graduates to upcoming spring 2020 graduates) with either a bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or related advanced degree.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- A passion for and knowledge of baseball is helpful but not required
- Former professional baseball and softball players (including national team members) who have earned a degree(s) and do not meet the graduation date requirement but have ceased playing within the last two years will also be eligible.
- Exact locations are up to the discretion of Major League Baseball and participating Clubs.
Learn more here: mlb.com/diversity-and-inclusion/fellowship-program