Every area today is tech adjacent and we encourage you to register for and find at least one session to attend during an IU conference that is coming up! The 2021 Summit on Women & Tech: Empower. Engage. Educate. is open and free to all students from all majors . Drop in as your interests and schedule allows and choose from more than 60 sessions between March 4-6. Session tag themes include Adobe for All, Career/Networking, Leadership, Equity/Advocacy, Artificial Intelligence and Ethics, Cybersecurity, and Personal Empowerment.
Thanks to event sponsor Adobe, Summit Gift Boxes will be mailed to the first 500 people who register – so click HERE to register today!
Multiple Keynote speakers covering a range of topics such as: “Building a Successful Career Through Creativity and Digital Literacy” and “Ethical AI,” “Data, AI, and Power: Lessons from Intersectional Feminism,” and more.
IU is an Adobe Creative Campus for all students in all majors. You can download and use their tools for free, including unlimited use of Adobe stock photos for projects. These tools are for creative use in personal and class projects so there are several workshops at the beginner level to teach people from all majors to use them.
A sample of other session workshops includes:
- Google’s – #IamRemarkable
- Modern Cryptography for Beginners
- Surviving to Thriving- Pathways from Burnout to Resilience
- AAUW Start Smart – Salary & Benefits Negotiation for Internships and New Positions
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Interactive Storytelling
- Virtual Onboarding: Successes and Failures from a Student Intern Perspective
- Interrupting the Gender Bias
- The Confidence Code: 5 ways to Conquer the inner-critic and Soar
- Protect yourself before you wreck yourself: 17 things you can do to secure yourself online
- Capture the Flag! Cybersecurity event
- Networking sessions with students – strategies and practice
- Student Allyship in Action
The Summit is an annual conference hosted by the IU Center of Excellence for Women & Technology which provides an opportunity to share, learn, engage with, and experience tech across a variety of skill levels and topics. Sponsors include Adobe, OneAmerica, Grainger, Cornerstone Communications, Synopsis.
Visit the Summit Website for additional information, to register, and to see the full schedule.