Welcome to the virtual O’Neill School Fall Career Fair! This fair will feature opportunities for students to connect with employers hiring for internships and full-time opportunities across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
A career fair is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally to a potential employer, while showcasing your skills and abilities. The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow-up.
Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Familiarize yourself with the platform, format, and strategies for being successful at a virtual career fair
- Prepare and polish your resume, then upload it to the Handshake platform
- Research organizations and opportunities available by checking out the organizations Handshake profile, website, and connecting with IU alumni who work there on LinkedIn for informational interviews
- Practice your introductory pitch with your career services office
- Bring your thoughtful questions based on the research you conducted and help from these tips!
- Collect information from the representative(s) you meet with to send a thank you message
Please note all IU students are welcome to attend the O’Neill School Career Fair. We’ll see you there!