About the Program
The Journey Fellowship for Explorers in Youth Work is a comprehensive program offering personal grounding and professional immersion experiences, education and credentialing opportunities to those exploring careers working with youth.
Explorers will join a team and with the support of a guide and Journey Staff, work to develop a Professional Development Plan that may include:
- Obtaining a Child & Youth Care Credential
- Youth Work Education through the Foundations Course
- Paid Internships
- Trainings & Classes
- Creation of a Professional Portfolio
- Mentorship & Coaching
Through a grant from the Lilly Endowment, The Journey helps students develop a meaningful career path based on their unique gifts and passion. The program is designed to provide time, space and resources for Fellows to:
- better ground themselves in who they are;
- connect with other explorers who share similar career interests;
- and be inspired to consider what they can do to positively impact the lives of young people.
Who Are Journey Explorers?
- College Students, from any year and major, who are interested in careers in the field of youth work.
- Part-Time Youth Workers who are engaged in the field and thinking about making youth work a full-time job.
- Volunteers to Youth Serving Organizations ready to make a commitment to grow in the field
If you fit the description of a Journey Explorer, or work with a population who fits that description and would like to learn more, please contact: Melinda Bowman Director of the Journey Fellowship for Explorers in Youth Work Email: email@example.com
Unique Opportunities for Fellows
- Attend 2 in-person overnight retreats focused on grounding and self awareness; exploring career possibilities; and engaging in community-based youth work
- Experience quiet moments for self-reflection on values, passions, interests, hopes and dreams
- Develop a personalized Professional Development Plan
- Receive career and professional development guidance from a mentor
- Apply classroom learning to meaningful youth-serving programs
- Learn about the job opportunities within the field of youth development
- Engage with the larger Journey Fellowship community of Professional Youth Workers
- The selection process includes an application to ensure that explorers are appropriately informed about participation requirements and possess the skills and desire to work with youth
- Applications will be accepted through April 19, 2022
- Applicants will be screened by The Journey staff and program partners who will announce Fellow Selection by April 29,2022
- Fellows who are accepted into the program are expected to fully participate in all scheduled events
- May 21-22: 2-Day Kick-Off Retreat (1overnight) held in Central IN
- May-November: Professional Development Plan and 6 meetings with Explorer Team & Guide
- November 5-6: 2-Day Celebration Retreat (1 overnight) held in Central IN
- Attend 2 Journey Retreats
- Attend 6 Explorer Team Meetings – each team will schedule their own meetings
- Complete your Professional Development Plan – which we will work with you to create and financially support
Interested in The Journey Fellowship for Explorers?
Visit: www.thejourneyonline.org | Contact: Melinda Bowman firstname.lastname@example.org