The AES Energy Innovation Challenge is a competition that brings together teams of students from diverse backgrounds to create and present a solution to a relevant problem in the energy industry. The competition will both challenge prospective energy professionals and inspire innovative solutions.
The prize-based competition is an exciting opportunity for students to gain the experience, skills, and insights that are needed to help accelerate a responsible energy transition; all while networking with leaders from a global Fortune 500 company leading the transformation to smarter, greener energy future.
Team Requirements :
- Students must form their own teams
- 3-5 students per team
- At least two different undergraduate or graduate disciplines represented
- All participants must be enrolled in a graduate degree or equivalent program and attend the same academic institution
- 1st Place: Interview conversation for each team member, $10,000 cash prize, $1,000 donation to charity of choice
- 2nd Place: Interview conversation for each team member, $5,000 cash prize, $1,000 donation to charity of choice
- All participants: subscriptions to EEI & SEIA, networking events with AES leadership and professionals
Team Application Deadline: September 20, 2023
First Round Presentations: October 12 & 13, 2023
Final Round Presentations: October 27, 2023
Visit aes.com/innovation-challenge for more information.