AHEC Scholars – A Community Health Care Fellowship
Location: United States
Cohort 2021 | Beginning Fall 2021 What is AHEC Scholars? The AHEC Scholars program will prepare students to more effectively enter the health professions workforce. AHEC Scholars is designed specifically for applicants who have a strong interest in providing care to those living in rural and medically underserved communities across Indiana as a health professional. AHEC Scholars offers online learning units and community-based experiences designed to give health professions students a deeper understanding of rural and urban health care, caring for underserved populations, and the importance of practice transformation in a clinical care setting. Eligibility Requirements
- Must be in the final two years of an accredited health professions program.(Two-year degree programs are eligible toapply.)
- Must be available to participate for two years.
- Must be willing to respond to AHEC on an annual basis upon completion for updates on practice location and activities.
- Must submit program evaluations related to activities.
- Must be able to provide the necessary paperwork to receive the annual stipend of$750 that supports participation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be available to participate in 40 hours of online learning units and 40 hours of team-based community experiences per year.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
Contact: Ashley Gilstrap firstname.lastname@example.org 812-849-4457 Apply Here: https://indianaahec.tfaforms.net/4629662 Deadline to apply: September 17, 2021
|Start Date:||Oct 1, 2021|
|End Date:||Dec 31, 2021|
|Apply By:||Sep 17, 2021|