AHEC Scholars – A Community Health Care Fellowship
Location: United States
Cohort 2021 | Beginning Fall 2021
What is AHEC Scholars?
The AHEC Scholars program will prepare students tomore effectively enter the health professionsworkforce. AHEC Scholars is designed specifically forapplicants who have a strong interest in providingcare to those living in rural and medicallyunderserved communities across Indiana as a healthprofessional.
AHEC Scholars offers online learning units andcommunity-based experiences designed to givehealth professions students a deeper understandingof rural and urban health care, caring for underservedpopulations, and the importance of practicetransformation in a clinical care setting.
- Must be in the final two years of anaccredited health professions program.(Two-year degree programs are eligible toapply.)
- Must be available to participate for twoyears.
- Must be willing to respond to AHEC on anannual basis upon completion for updateson practice location and activities.
- Must submit program evaluations related toactivities.
- Must be able to provide the necessarypaperwork to receive the annual stipend of$750 that supports participation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be available to participate in 40 hoursof online learning units and 40 hours of team-based community experiences per year.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminalbackground check and drug screening.
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2021
|Start Date:||Mar 19, 2021|
|End Date:||Jul 31, 2021|
|Apply By:||Jul 31, 2021|