The Local Council of Women (LCW) in collaboration with the Bloomington Health Foundation (BHF), will award five scholarships to students pursuing a healthcare career.
One Cecelia Wahl $2,500.00 scholarship (sponsored by LCW)
Four $1,500.00 scholarships (co-sponsored by LCW and BHF)
To be eligible, you MUST live in one of the counties served by IU Health Bloomington
Hospital and Monroe Hospital—Brown, Davies, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin,
Monroe, Morgan, Orange, Owen, and Washington—and MUST be currently enrolled in an
accredited program of study in a healthcare field.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the following criteria:
● Financial Need
● Academic and clinical performance in the health program
● Health-related employment
● Community service
● Relevant personal experience(s)
To be considered, applications MUST include all of the following
● Applicant’s name, mailing address, current phone number, and e-mail address
● Documentation of enrollment in the chosen accredited program
● Copy of grades to date (this need not be an official transcript)
● A personal statement describing your financial need, work and volunteer experience,
goals for the future, and why you chose healthcare as your profession.
Please mail completed applications, by October 15, 2022 to:
LCW Scholarships (M. Gentile)
P.O. Box 6171
Bloomington, IN 47407
The LCW Scholarship Committee will select the scholarship winners in November and
present the scholarships at the LCW Annual Meeting, to be held this year on December 7,
2022. Winners will be notified two weeks before the presentation of the award.
Questions can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Council of Women & Bloomington Health Foundation
- Apply By
- Oct 15, 2022
- Decision Date
- Dec 7, 2022