Second Day-Programs for Social Impact Careers
Location: United States
We are dismantling inequitable talent pipelines into the social sector through skill development, mentorship, and career planning.
Second Day Impact Fellowship is a launchpad for college seniors who are ready to jump in and start making a difference now. The program connects you with a paid internship at a top nonprofit or social enterprise, extensive skill-building, community collaboration, and support for thriving during the year and beyond.
- All our fellows will receive a paid work experience at a nonprofit or social enterprise over their spring semester.
- Our weekly sessions cover professional development training, mentorship, job-search best practices, and industry exploration.
- The goal of the program is to provide you insight into what a social impact career can look like, arm you with the tools you need to step into this industry, and equip you with the network and skills to build a long-lasting career tackling our society’s toughest challenges!
Community Scholars Program This crash-course-meets-community program has been uniquely designed for college students who are looking for industry deep-dives, professional development, job search training, and individual mentorship to jumpstart careers dedicated to social change. Whether you’re just exploring or narrowed in on exactly what you want, this is the place to jumpstart your social impact career development.
- If selected, each person will be assigned to a small group of 5-8 people that are interested in similar topics as you (e.g., health equity or civic engagement). That group meets weekly as a form of learning, accountability, and support. Groups typically meet for ~an hour and then do a reading or assignment for ~an hour at some point before the next week. Assignments include researching organizations, reaching out to people working in the field for advice, reading articles, or making job application progress.
- Every month or two, we’ll have a program-wide session to talk through critical concepts, frameworks, and tactical tips for building a social impact career.
Want to learn more? Check out our application for one or both of our programs here! Applications for the Impact Fellowship are due December 3rd and for the Community Scholars Program on January 7th. If you have questions about Second Day, you can also book time with our co-founder Mariam to learn more.
If you have a few specific questions, you are welcome to schedule a 15 minute coffee chat here or send an email to email@example.com
|Start Date:||Sep 25, 2021|
|End Date:||May 6, 2022|
|Apply By:||Aug 22, 2021|