Undergraduate Research Experience for Future Health Professions
Location: Bloomington, IN Experience Type: Research Experience
Looking for an opportunity to gain research experience as an undergraduate student before applying to medical school, occupational/physical therapy school, a physician’s assistant program, or graduate school?
The Clinical Neurotrauma Lab at IU is recruiting up to two volunteer research assistants to start at the beginning of the Fall 2021 semester. Our lab examines the acute and chronic effects of subconcussive head impacts in adolescents and young adults using a variety of methods: brain-derived blood biomarkers, task-based and resting-state functional MRI, diffusion tensor imaging, and neuro-ophthalmologic and neurocognitive assessments.
Keisuke Kawata, PhD
– One-year commitment
– Current or incoming IU undergraduate student
– Majoring in neuroscience, exercise science, psychology, human biology, biochemistry, or related field
– An interest in scientific research and health
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to work within a dynamic and productive research group (research activites can vary widely from week to week and semester to semester)
– Ability to commit to working in the lab for at least two years
– An interest in traumatic brain injury and subconcussive head impacts
– Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
For the first year, Research Assistants will primarily assist with a project titled, “Subconcussive effects in the female brain: a multimodal study of functional MRI and blood biomarkers.” Research Assistants will help with data collection activities (e.g., operate fMRI tasks, process blood samples) and logistics (e.g. schedule meetings with research subjects, data entry). Additionally, Research Assistants will have opportunities to assist with data analysis and manuscript preparation.
Prior research experience is not required.
To apply, please send your CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Clinical Neurotrauma Lab at IU
|Sponsor:||Clinical Neurotrauma Lab at IU|
|Start Date:||Aug 23, 2021|
|End Date:||Dec 18, 2021|
|Apply By:||Aug 20, 2021|