Adult and Child provides on-site behavioral health services at over 100 schools in central Indiana. We are currently seeking multiple Social Emotional Learning Specialists for the Perry Township School Based programs.
This position will provide quality social, emotional, and behavioral supports to students and staff including, but not limited to utilizing social emotional learning practices, implement SEL curriculum, and working collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team in the school, home and community settings based on student needs. Additionally, this position provides direct support to classroom teachers and staff as they implement social emotional learning curriculum.
Our full-time Social Emotional Learning Specialists will work Monday – Friday, during school hours but have the opportunity for flexible scheduling. We are open to both Masters level and Bachelors level applicants to fill these roles!
What You’ll Do
- Provide clinical services, independent living skills and evidence based/best treatment to assigned caseload. Caseloads will be determined through collaboration with school administration and social worker reviewing SEL survey results and academic data.
- Support the design and implementation of social emotional learning by providing supportive services around social emotional learning to students and staff
- Provide group, individual and family services (services include but not limited to, assessment, consultation behavioral supports, and case management)
- Provide crisis intervention/emergency services by assessing risk, development of safety plans, reporting of any abuse or neglect, coordinating hospitalization or any other emergency situations with team leader and school administration
- Communicate and collaborate with collateral contacts by consulting with providers regarding integrated health, current functioning, coaching, education/support, and any other care related to client/families
- Develop and maintain effective relationships by maintaining open and professional communication with Team Leaders, clients/families, other consumers/constituencies, referral sources, staff/team and school administration and social workers
- Create a professional and ethical environment; provide regular trainings to teachers and staff
About Adult & Child Health
Adult & Child Health has served central Indiana as a Community Mental Health Center for over five decades as a 501c(3) not-for-profit organization. We’ve been a staple in Indianapolis since 1949, originally known as Marion County Child Health Clinic. In 1982, we officially became Adult & Child Health. In 2017, we became a Federally Qualified Health Center, which means we can now deliver primary care to our community. This bridge to becoming an FQHC has provided us the opportunity to improve the whole health of each person we serve.
At Adult & Child Health we believe the need for equality permeates the very mission and services we provide to persons who face all kinds of discrimination and we stand shoulder to shoulder with our community in an effort to support them. We have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration, diversity and innovation across our organization. This environment gives our staff the opportunity to enhance current skills and build new capabilities, while providing excellent care to our clients.
Adult & Child Health offers an extensive benefits package that includes:
Work Life Balance
- 9 paid Holidays each year
- Generous PTO accrual plan with 176 (Masters) 156 (Bachelors) hours of PTO in your first year (based on 40-hour weeks)
- Company PTO Donation Bank for catastrophic and emergency PTO needs
- Customizable flexible schedule options
Financial Well Being
- Relocation Assistance for eligible locations/positions (up to $3,000 covered for eligible expenses) (Masters)
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program ($3,000 the first year and $1,000 ever subsequent year) (Masters)
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401k with up to 4% company matching
- 4 Approved NHSC & SUD Sites eligible for Loan Repayment Options (for applicable positions)
- Adult & Child Health is a PSLF (Public Student Loan Forgiveness) eligible organization.
- Incentive compensation (position specific)
- Employee Referral Program offering Referral Bonus’ (for applicable positions)
- Service anniversary recognition program
- Medical PPO and High Deductible medical plans w/ telehealth options and mail order prescription program for generic maintenance drugs
- Medical and dependent care FSA plan; HSA plan with employer contributions
- Competitive dental and vision plans
- Employer paid STD, LTD, and life (additional life options available for purchase)
Growth & Development Opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities through our Career Path programs that allow you to increase skillset, competencies, and your compensation
- Staff Development funds to meet continuous development, training and CEU needs
- Masters or bachelors degree in Social Work or related field
- Two years directly related experience
- Masters level applicants must be license eligible or have licensure in Indiana
- Comfortable working in a team setting
- Interested in helping students, grades pre-K through 12th grade, with behavioral health needs