ABA THERAPIST JOB DESCRIPTION
The ABA Therapist will provide direct one-on-one therapy and perform behavioral interventions to teach communication, social, and daily living skills and reduce problematic behaviors in the home, community, and school settings. ABA Therapists will utilize interventions developed out of the science of Applied Behavior Analysis.
• Establishes & maintains therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity and building the value for the client of social interaction with the ABA Therapist
• Prompts safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction, and problem solving skills
• Fades prompts appropriately to promote both successful and independent responding
• Increases the frequency or duration of safe and appropriate replacement behaviors by providing access to reinforcers (desired items/actions, attention, or removal of demands/aversive situations)
• Accurately collects behavior data including: A-B-C, count, frequency, duration, latency, inter-response time, event, and interval based recording
• Follows the treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgment and seeks out appropriate consultation
• Collaborates with family and any treatment team members to provide treatment effectively and without disruption to the environment or other individuals in the environment
• Educate parents on reinforcement and early intervention information as needed
• Educates all those involved about the role of ABA based interventions and the ABA Therapist, and functions within boundaries of the ABA Therapist role in providing treatment
• Reassessment as appropriate and consult with Supervisor about changes, stalls, or decreases in progress
• Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
EDUCATION AND SKILL LEVEL
• RBT Certification (training is available)
• Experience working with the autism population or with children
• Ability to accept constructive feedback and develop knowledge and skill sets accordingly
• Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, coworkers, supervisors, and community members
• Ability to adhere to organizational policies and procedures and abide by code of ethics as indicated by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board
• Commitment to maintain client confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA laws.
• Commitment to ongoing training and development as it relates to clinical skills, professional development, ethics, and technology, and training in order to perform job responsibilities to required standard.
• Ability to interpret and implement clinical protocols and written.
• Must maintain a professional appearance with regard to clothing, grooming, hair, and make up.
• Must be able to lift at least 20lbs
• Must be able to sit down in a chair or on the floor and get up without harm to yourself an in a consistent manner
• Must be able to stand for 30 minutes at a time without having any physical or health issues
• Must be able to run short distances (10 feet) without having health issues
• Must be able to engage in physical activity throughout an 8hr shift
ALL PIECES FIT
We are an Autism Therapy Center for children ages 18 months – 21 years. All Pieces Fit is dedicated to providing the best quality care and therapy mentally, emotionally and socially to both the community with and their families. Our team is dedicated to making our “Kiddos”, as well as their families, feel safe, protected and supported.