AM LLC has immediate openings for Case Investigators to support state and local COVID-19 Contact Tracing programs. High call-volume position. No travel required. This position will be remote and candidates will work from a home office but must reside within San Bernardino County, California.
Background: The scale and complexity of the COVID-19 outbreak has underscored the need for prompt and effective implementation of evidence-based containment measures. Contact tracing is one of the interventions that has been used to effectively control recent pandemics (Ebola, SARS), and has shown to be effective against COVID-19 mitigation in South Korea, New Zealand and elsewhere.
Professionals across the country have become passionate about helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Compassion and empathy are key traits needed in candidates who are applying for AM LLC opportunities.
The successful Case Investigator will perform case investigations and supervise regionally-focused Contact Tracers who will work remotely to conduct a virtual “needs check,” and connect at-risk COVID-19 positive patients and people in quarantine to community resources.
- Act as primary point person to call people with a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19, provide support and gather information, including information about the disease
- Triage and coordinate next steps for isolation for cases and quarantine for individuals the person has been in contact with.
- Communicate with cases in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect and record information on symptoms into the CRM
- Coordinate tracking efforts with local health authority and refer high-level cases to local resources.
- Oversee quality control of data collection and data reporting.
- Supervise a team of contact tracers.
- Make informed, educated decision on case management based on interview guidelines.
- Case Investigators will be required to use their own telephone, computer and electronic equipment
- Maintain daily contact with the Case Navigator.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent license/certification in a health-science field
- “Making Contact: A Training for COVID-19 Contact Tracers”(ASTHO) completed by date of hire
- Experience within a healthcare setting
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
- Proficiency in languages other than English is a strong plus (especially Spanish, Portuguese, French, Haitian-Creole, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali)
- PC with Windows 10 or Mac with Mac OS 10.15 or newer
- Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall, for Mac Antivirus Protection: Sophos
- Personal mobile device
- A headset is recommended
- Must have a quiet, dedicated workspace
- User provided home high-speed network connection