Overview: The Donor Relations Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support to the six-member Development Department and facilitate our donor communication and stewardship through the busy summer festival season. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn about the inner workings of a strong development team and offers experience in board committee communications, affinity group communications, donor recognition, and stewardship.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Coordinating stewardship efforts between scholarship donors and recipients (thank you letters, meetings, reports)
• Assist with summer-long donor recognition activities for individual and corporate donors
• Assist with specific affinity-group communication
• Assist with communication and scheduling for our Student Ambassador Program
• Attending and recording proceedings at our National Council and Development staff meetings, along with the preparation and distribution of meeting materials and minutes
• Fielding calls from donors and other constituents, including taking RSVPs for events.
• Assisting with data entry in Raiser’s Edge
• Staff Development events throughout the summer, with responsibilities including attendee check-in, helping with event flow, and other duties as assigned. Events may include donor and other group meetings and receptions, Season- and Opera Benefits
• Coordinate and manage the Development Department’s summer event volunteers
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Ideal candidates will:
• be 21+ in order to pour alcohol, and be willing to take a TIPS certification course
• be, at least, in the process of completing a bachelor degree
• have some background or interest in non-profit development
• have a positive, can-do attitude, jumping in to help wherever needed, working well with a team, and working well in high-stress situations
• be detail oriented and organized, good with deadlines
• be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
• be experienced in using Raisers’ Edge or another CRM database
• be able to lift up to 25+ lbs. (cases of wine)
• have a personal vehicle for the duration of the summer (preferred).
Start Date: June 7
End Date: August 27
Application due: February 1
Housing Offered: Yes
Need car? Yes
Available for all dates: Yes