Mobile Infectious Disease Testing Counselor
The HIV/HCV Testing Counselor will provide behavioral risk assessment, referrals, HIV/Viral Hepatitis/STD prevention and education, and confidential HIV/Hepatitis C Antibody Testing to individuals at increased risk for HIV/Viral Hepatitis/STDs in community settings and other venues. This position is housed in the Madison County location and serves a multi-county region based in Wayne County and the hours for this position are dependent on funding.
This is a Grant Funded Position
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or a directly-related human service field from a college/university accredited by the US Department of Education required
- Previous clinical experience in a mental health facility or medical office setting highly preferred
- Must have knowledge of and ability to relate to community resources in order to best serve clients
- Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspire’s policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Driving History Record, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References
- Vaccinations as recommended by the CDC for healthcare workers are highly preferred. Written documentation (vaccine record) or titres (blood testing) may be needed to determine immunization status.