Greater Purpose and Core Values
Athletico empowers people, inspires hope and transforms lives. This is accomplished through
demonstrating our core values of one team, understanding our business, recognition, people-focus,
accountability, continuous innovation and trust & integrity.
Certified Athletic Trainers are healthcare providers who specialize in the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries while ensuring our patients & athletes receive the utmost care and consideration. From time to time the Athletic Trainer may work in the clinic setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional care to assigned affiliation and/or clinic
- Maintain accurate records of injuries and treatments following documentation protocol
- Continually check and respond to communications directed to Athletic Trainers
- Maintain an organized and clean athletic training room
- Ensure Athletes, parents, coaches are continually informed of Athletico services and locations
- Responsible for following all HIPAA regulations and guidelines as well as OSHA guidelines
- Complete necessary paperwork as requested from affiliate and Athletico management
- Exhibit a professional image representing Athletico at all functions
- Act as a liaison between physicians, the affiliate, Athletico (when applicable) and patient
- Complete necessary paperwork as requested from Athletico management
- Engage in the business relationships with Athletico affiliates, physicians and patients
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform additional duties as required
- Any other requirements imposed by the applicable affiliate site
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At minimum a Bachelor’s Degree from CAATE accredited institution
- Must be NATA BOC Certified and state licensed
- CPR Certified
- Driver’s License in good standing
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and meet the physical demands of the job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Energetic and a team player
- Able to demonstrate compassion toward patients
- Complete tasks thoroughly and timely
- Service oriented
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for extended periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- Frequently required to stand, walk dynamically, sit, use hands to feel, and reach with hand/arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally be required to push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, or work at a low level for assistance with patient care of equipment management
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
- Travel may be required to existing or new Athletico locations or resource center onsite meetings
- Individual must attest to be free from any contagious or communicable disease
- Individual must attest to reduce or prevent the spread of communicable disease in the workplace by engaging in action to protect themselves and others
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Internal office
- The noise level in the work environment is variable
Athletico provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training