Are you looking to grow your career in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award-winning culture?
As a Hospitality Coordinator, you will:
- Greet all visitors providing information, directions or assistance as needed, including clients, vendors, internal and external business associates. Focuses on addressing guest needs, anticipating and resolving potential situations.
- Offer first-class service, proactively offering assistance, food and beverage, directions, etc. Anticipates requests for recommendations in Louisville. Partners with Travel Department to assist with coordinating transportation, room reservations and other travel needs.
- Collect, organize, and complete billing for charges incurred from catering partners by meeting organizers, and submits monthly reports to Accounts Payable for payment processing and chargebacks. Reconciles billing by submitting chargeback report to Finance on monthly basis to include appropriate charges and project codes.
- Maintain and distributes client satisfaction survey and collects and analyzes the feedback. Follows up on opportunities for improvement. Presents results to team on regular basis.
- Generate reports on utilization and financials, including meeting purpose, client utilization, space utilization, by business or department, vendor financials, feedback, etc.
- Stock and refreshes beverage stations and snack pantry. Ensures staff pantry is clean and organized throughout the day.
- Act as backup to Meeting Concierge, receiving meeting requests, assigning rooms, ordering catering, etc. to ensure successful execution of meetings and events. Confirms event details with clients and produces appropriate orders and confirmation. Communicates event changes in a timely manner.
- Send directions, parking and building access instructions to meeting organizer or directly to clients. Validates parking tickets for all visitors and maintains an adequate supply of parking validations. Obtains, maintains, and accounts for the usage of parking validations at all times.
- Manage the meeting space to ensure client needs are met, following Conference Center policies and procedures. Finds alternate meeting space for requests that are unable to be accommodated in the Louisville Conference Center. Prepares and arranges meeting materials including, but not limited to, pads, pens, mints, table tents, whiteboards, flipcharts and markers, ordering items as needed to maintain operations.
- Have working knowledge of audiovisual equipment and videoconferencing technologies. Works closely with Audiovisual Team to ensure proper function of technology in meeting space and ensures end users are trained and assisted accordingly. Supports and troubleshoots onsite audiovisual equipment; escalates as appropriate to AV Team.
- Work closely with catering vendor staff to ensure timely and appropriate delivery and setup of food items.
- Open and closes the Louisville Conference Center space and serves as on-site contact for associates and clients. Assists in maintaining the event space by setting, flipping, and refreshing meeting rooms as needed, monitoring and maintaining cleanliness of facility.
- Assist in coordinating Louisville Conference Center staffing, including partnering with outside resources as needed. Responsible for developing and maintaining necessary Louisville Conference Center vendor relationships.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of materials and products used in conference center operations. Works closely with other Hospitality team for consistency in product offerings and expensing.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Meeting Planner/Concierge, Hospitality Manager and Hospitality Operations Specialist to ensure consistency. Identifies process improvement and implements solutions.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical functions such as mailings, monthly telephone directory updates for the switchboard desk and miscellaneous projects for other departments as needed. Acts as backup on switchboard. Receives and routes incoming calls to the appropriate destination utilizing the switchboard console.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Compelling careers working side-by-side with the best in the business
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be flexible and highly adaptable
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required. 1+ years’ experience in customer-service or administrative assistant role required
- Previous experience in hospitality preferred
- Knowledge of audio visual, food & beverage, catering, room set ups and event logistics
- Knowledge of Louisville hospitality market, including caterers, restaurants, and other services, preferred
- Experience with and working knowledge of Crestron Remote Access, Cisco, Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Outlook Exchange and ReServe Interactive preferred
- Independent self-starter with ability to tolerate peak workloads, multiple assignments and produce results with accuracy and reliability while demonstrating a calm demeanor in stressful situations
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to prioritize daily workflow to effectively meet deadlines
- Must have professional appearance and dress with strong customer service skills
- Ability to arrive to work on time, reliable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required; attention to detail a must
- Must be able to work evenings and be willing to work various shifts each day to meet the demand of the conference center
- Must be able to work for long periods of time on feet and lift 50 pounds
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.