Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we’re passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world’s greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Capabilities Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of the internship, interns will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of their project work to their respective department.
Technical Intern – Health and Safety
The Ball Aerospace EHS Organization provides support and oversight to programs/projects, facilities (both office and industrial), production areas (i.e., machine shop, metal finish, paint booths, etc.), and manufacturing and test operations areas (i.e., environmental test, laboratories, clean rooms, etc.). The Ball Aerospace Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) internship will provide you an opportunity to participate in several department-specific tasks/projects related to Health and Safety regulatory compliance and workplace health and safety.
What You’ll Do:
- Working in a collaborative team environment, plan and execute a project or projects to broaden knowledge and experience in industrial/occupational health and safety.
- Plan, lead, and complete a project(s) related to one or more areas of need, which may include:
- Industrial Hygiene air monitoring of process areas (IAQ, Noise, etc.).
- Perform annual industrial ventilation throughout Ball Aerospace Colorado facilities.
- Enhance Health and Safety labeling process (determine needs, procure resources, implement process).
- Review, revise, and improve EHS process documents.
- Perform Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Risk Assessments.
- Develop Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Attend status meetings with intern mentor(s) and/or Health and Safety staff member(s).
- Interface and collaborate with EHS staff members.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2023. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate degree program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 – $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.