Spend your summer impacting the lives of kids while gaining incredible pediatric and community based nursing experience. Oversee the camp health center with 3 other RNs and different camp doctors. While not on duty, enjoy all that camp has to offer.
To see what camp looks like while we’re in session, check out one of our videos: https://vimeo.com/298026724
Job Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Directors and Camp Doctor, a Camp Nurse’s goal is to provide a safe and healthy environment for all campers and staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing entrance and exit physicals on all campers;
- Administrating daily medications to campers and staff;
- Accompanying campers to the Emergency Room, Pharmacy, Orthodontist or Dentist when necessary;
- Attending to and advising campers and staff, at specified and not specified times throughout the day;
- Keeping a clean and safe facility and adhering to health and safety practices and standards;
- Keeping up-to-date records/logs of camper and staff treatment;
- Being on call overnight 2-3 times per week;
- Replenishing first aid kits;
- Ordering supplies;
- Acting as a leader and positive role model for campers;
- Using utmost care and judgment when making decisions affecting the well-being of campers;
- Reporting any problems or concerns to an administrative staff member; and
- Communicating with parents as necessary.