WORKING HOURS / RATE: Hours vary (3-10 hours per week in the afterschool hours) / $20-25 per hr
BASIC JOB FUNCTION: The Club Tutor will manage small group and/or individual tutorees by assessing, assisting and encouraging the students in the learning processes. Each week the tutor should prepare material to review and support learning in the classroom or provide remedial support. Tutoring will take place from 3-3:45 p.m. for our middle school students and 4-4:45 p.m. for our 3-5th grade students.
This site is funded by 21st Century Community Learning Center and Indiana Kids grants and has specific and rigorous management and tracking requirements, including, but not limited to: daily attendance tracking, activity tracking by member, additional expense reconciliations, field trip pre-approvals, annual reporting, etc.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 2 or more year’s youth work/volunteer experience required. Individuals must have tutoring experience.
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative, self-direction, and creativity.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
- Exhibits professionalism.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with staff, volunteers and public.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to work with people from diverse racial/cultural/socioeconomic backgrounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement tutoring program that assesses, assists and encourages members in the learning processes.
- Encourage a positive environment for members to learn, interact, and grow.
- Conduct small group and individual active enrichment activities.
- Assist with clean up and organization of all program areas.
- Build positive relationships with youth, volunteers, parents, schools, and community.
- Assist with tracking daily attendance and other applicable program administrative duties.
- Assist with preparing information for reporting purposes when necessary.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training sessions.
- Report to the Unit Director.
- Assume other duties as assigned.