Camp Roosevelt Firebird; Bowerston, OH
-Camp Counselor and Village Director positions also available
Camp Health Center Coordinator
About Camp Roosevelt Firebird: For 101 years, we’ve been creating a quality and caring community, training amazing staff, and designing fun and engaging activities for campers. We are located on scenic Leesville Lake in the rolling foothills of the Appalachian plateau. Campers develop self-confidence, leadership, respect, humor, an appreciation for the environment and more. Campers choose from a variety of activities and enjoy our wonderful 103 acres of woods, hills and pastures. Sports, swimming, boating, creative arts, adventure, camping – we’ve got it all! Plus we have a few special twists: farming, animal care, and sustainability projects; and community service and leadership raining. We always have fun at camp, we also strive to make ourselves and the world a better place!
Job Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Directors, the health center coordinator is a health care provider for all injuries, ailments, and emergencies that occur at camp. The coordinator is also an extension of the camper’s parents, to help in moments of homesickness, provide TLC, and provide help with adjustment at camp. The health coordinator is an integral part of our community who participates in camp activities and is always willing to pitch in any realm of camp. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a clean and sanitary health care center
- Keep an inventory of medical supplies and reorder as needed.
- Dispense medications to staff and campers.
- Be prepared to handle emergencies that arise at any time.
- Assist with cabin inspection to encourage and support camper hygiene.
- Maintain accurate records of camper and staff visits to the health center.
- Maintain accurate records of medication distribution – OTC, prescriptions, and as-needed medicine.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Other tasks or duties deemed necessary by the camp director.
All staff members of Camp Roosevelt Firebird must be able to:
1. Think clearly at all times.
2. Work cooperatively with staff and campers.
3. Exercise good judgment.
4. Operate tools, equipment, vehicles, boats and appliances as applicable to job duties.
5. Assist staff and campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, injury or natural disaster).
6. Maintain supervision of assigned area(s) while on duty.
7. Possess the mental, visual and auditory ability to respond to environmental hazards and internal and external threats to the camp community.
Preferred Experience: Applicants should be 22 or older, preferable but not required to be a certified registered nurse (RN), licensed professional nurse (LPN), or emergency medical technician (EMT). Experience and/or interest in working with children is preferred. A health coordinator should be a fun, patient, honest, caring and responsible person who wants
to spend time in the outdoors with kids. We provide extensive training in counseling skills, so that our entire staff is ready to work with our campers when they arrive. We assume your certification includes current First Aid and CPR certification or higher.
Compensation: Camp Roosevelt Firebird staff must be available from June 1 – August 6, 2019. Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, plus room & board and a $300 travel stipend. Liability insurance provided. Reimbursement provided for temporary Ohio RN license if needed.
How to Apply: For more information about Camp Roosevelt Firebird and to find an online application, please
visit camprooseveltfirebird.com. If you have additional questions, call or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Apply on at camp website
Call Joe with any questions @ 216.849.9395 or email email@example.com
Personal interview will follow application