Purpose of Job
As directed, assists in coordinating the planning, organizing, and execution of all Parks and Recreation programming, special events, and facility rental usage. Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and nights during sporting/special events.
Essential Job Duties
A. Assists in Program Development
- Researches, develops and proposes recreation programming opportunities; prepares cost estimates and participation requirements.
- Assists in program development through working with independent contractors; identifies trends and opportunities, receives and evaluates proposals, develops contracts.
- Plans, prioritizes, and assigns work of event staff responsible for specific recreational programs and activities.
- Schedules use of Active/Passive Parks and facilities for activities; including, coordinating activities related to facility rental, processing reservation permits, assessing and collecting fees, and issuing refund checks, as appropriate. Monitors for compliance with laws, rules and regulations.
- Promotes recreation program activities, special events in the community and facilities; assists in the preparation of marketing materials including flyers, news releases, advertising, promotional material, announcements, and sponsorship packages.
- Responds to public inquiries and complaints related to programs and special events to maintain positive public relations.
B. Web page management
- Designs content for the Parks Department web pages in cooperation with the IT Webmaster.
- Maintains the Parks department web pages with most up to date links, content, events, and announcements.
C. Policy and procedure development
- Writes, designs, maintains, and updates employee handbook.
- Writes standard operating procedures for events, permits and other related event processes.
- Creates forms, applications, permits, and other documents needed to facilitate public events.
- Represents the Parks department by attending commission and committee meetings. Facilitates requests made by commission regarding policies and procedures.
Other Job Duties
Performs other job duties as assigned, including:
- Collects and maintains data reports for department.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities to assist other employees in the department as required.
- Maintains Master Event Calendar for the Department.
- Administers pre and post event surveys for special events or surveys for the entire department.
- Oversees equestrian events, communicates appropriately with equestrian and other rental groups to ensure compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and city policies and procedures pertaining to facility rental, usage and related services.
Education and Experience: The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through obtaining a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; plus one to two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CPR/ First aid
Valid TN Driver’s License
Expecting Starting Pay: $18.50/hour – $20.13/hour
OPEN UNTIL FILLED