- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine)
- ACE (American Council on Exercise)
- AFAA (Aerobic and Fitness Association of America)
- NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- NCSF (National Council on Strength and Fitness)
- ISSA (International Sports Science Association)
- NESTA (National Exercise and Sport Training Association)
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- PCC Fitness Technology Degree
- Cooper Institute Certification
- Four year college degree in a fitness related field (eg. Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology)
- Any accredited certification distributed by NCCA (National Commission for Certifying Agencies)
- Instructors are responsible for maintaining discipline and safety while upholding PP&R rules & guidelines. Instructors communicate
- effectively with members of the public and participants exercising problem-solving skills and responding to customer concerns.
- Instructors communicate with staff regarding supplies, space, and other needs while performing maintenance duties as assigned.
- Monitors participation and completes needed paperwork and record-keeping. Instructor hours are dependent on site & program needs and are subject to change depending on attendance and program schedule.
CITY OF PORTLAND BUREAU OF HUMAN RESOURCES
City of Portland, Oregon Serving the Common Good of its people and the people of the greater region. The City includes bureaus to administer government functions pertaining to fire, police, water supply, wastewater treatment and stormwater management, environmental resource management, urban planning, transportation and parks.