Open in Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Long Island, Metro North and New Jersey!
*This is a great opportunity for those interested in CNA, MA, EMT, or Paramedic careers
* Great exposure to the healthcare profession (excellent resume builder for medical school)
A Medical Scribe is responsible for relieving a physician of their clerical duties, thereby allowing a physician to focus their attention on providing the best care to the patient. They are responsible for locating and obtaining a patient’s medical history, documenting dictated notes during a patient visit on the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), facilitating diagnostic test, all while providing unparalleled customer service to our patients.
- Being able to manage a minimum of two patients per hour on average and be able to manage a minimum of three to four patients per hour during surge periods.
- Ability to maintain quick pace in fast paced urgent care facility for duration of scheduled shift (8-12 hours except for meals/break time)
- Facilitating any necessary diagnostic tests (e.g., CT, MRI, ultrasounds, etc.) and referrals to medical specialists for follow-up care via Aftercare
- Providing compassionate care to our patients
- Assisting the physician with basic patient care and medical procedures set-ups
- Communicating with patients, pharmacies, and physicians over the phone under physician guidance
- Helping maintain a clean, courteous, and professional working environment
- Assist with training and acclimation of new hire scribes
- A High School Degree or GED
- Friendly and professional with excellent bedside manner
- Computer and typing skills are required – minimum of 45 wpm
- Flexible with full-time work schedule including weekends
- Passion for helping others in an urgent care environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and being able to work in a team environment
- Experience in any service industry a plus
- Must exhibit passion for outstanding results and compassion for those we work with and serve
- Bilingual language skills required or preferred based on site location.
The job may require at times to lift light to moderate amounts of weight (e.g., boxes of medical/facility supplies) to assist team members. Job also requires ability to maintain a quick pace in fast paced urgent care medical facility for duration of scheduled shift minus meal/break time. Heavy computer use required.
- A friendly and fast paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution (after 90 days)
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Opportunity for Overtime hours
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
- Coffee, teas and healthy snacks!
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer