Life sciences organizations are under pressure to innovate their processes as fast as possible. Cognizant is redefining the way life sciences companies do digital, and offering solutions specific to the challenges of these companies. As an Entry Level Clinical Business Analyst, you will have the opportunity to reshape businesses to improve productivity and shift to digital for better health outcomes.
Your journey starts in our onboarding experiences designed for you to build technical and professional skills through virtual and classroom training sessions with fellow technology professionals. We also provide you career counseling and mentoring where you will connect with our leaders and build your network.
Depending on your background and Cognizant business needs, we will align you to a technology area, allowing you to enhance your core competency skills and grow your career. You will take on challenges to deliver technology innovation, and design and implement solutions impacting our clients’ business and IT imperatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Preferred majors include: Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biology, Chemistry majors with Clinical Research, Pharmacy, or IT proficiency with Bio related subjects as part of the study; Information Technology, Information Systems, and Computer Engineering
- IT Business degree / MBA / related certification or subject will be an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge in a clinical or lab space and familiar with enabling technologies in lab specific software development lifecycle (such as validation, and formal testing procedures of Assays and Methods, LIMS, CDS, SDMS, HPLC, GC, Instrumentation)
- Exposure to Life science (Pharma/Biopharma/Med Devices/ Pre-Clinical/ Drug Development processes) domain and understanding of Scrum methodologies
- Knowledgeable in a pharmacovigilance and safety process and familiar with enabling technologies in pharmacovigilance specific software (such as Argus, Arisg, PV Reports, PV Intake, PV signal ,Veeva etc )
- Familiar with life science and healthcare domain and strong articulation of requirements and technical writing of documentation
- Understanding of Business Analyst process like requirement gathering, transform functional requirement to technical requirement and documentation process like URS, FRS, UDS, SOP etc.
- Engage and interact with business stakeholders to understand and elicit business requirements, business scenarios, support testing, and training activities
- Knowledge of current trends in the industry and ability to improvise and innovate to bring in efficiencies
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills with the passion and appetite to learn newer technologies; as well as flexible to learn and adapt to project needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, assertiveness and prioritization skills, and has the ability to work collaboratively with global project team
Due to the nature of this position Cognizant cannot provide sponsorship for U.S. work authorization (including participation in a CPT/OPT program) for this role.
Life Sciences Business Analysts will be deployed to Cognizant office(s) in Tampa-FL where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the aforementioned major geographic area.
Life Sciences Business Analysts will largely start in 2 cohorts; June or August 2022. While we will attempt to honor candidate summer start date preferences, business need and position availability will determine final start date assignment of June or August. Exact summer start dates will be communicated with enough time for you to plan effectively.
Why Choose Us?
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our associates. You will be supported by high-caliber experts and employ some of the most advanced and patented capabilities. Our associate’s diverse backgrounds offer varied perspectives and fuel new ways of thinking. We encourage lively discussions which inspire better results for our clients.
At Cognizant, we consider it our responsibility to make people feel at home in the future, no matter how technology enabled it becomes. So we are committed to helping solve some of humankind’s most difficult challenges in a way that is beneficial and comfortable for people through the work we do, and through investing in training people around the world with the digital skills needed to do that work. We engineer modern businesses to improve everyday life. Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Cognizant specializes in helping some of the world’s most established companies to stay the most loved brands in today’s fast-changing technology landscape by advancing every aspect of how they serve their customers: digitizing their products, services and customer experiences; automating their business processes; and modernizing their technology infrastructures. https://careers.cognizant.com/studentandinterns/na/en/