Overview: This position is a 12-week paid internship located in Bloomington, Spencer, or Ellettsville Indiana. It is offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (exact dates depend on school calendars.) This position includes 401(k) options, an assigned mentor, capstone presentation, and intern events. If working onsite, you will also have access to a fitness center, an onsite cafeteria option, and a one-time housing stipend. All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Responsibilities/projects may include:
- Research to better understand the shift to outcomes-based solutions which are driving the buying decisions within the United States healthcare industry.
- Help design a value-based study based on defined needs supported by evidentiary sources. This study would be designed to be implemented with the applicable academic advisory council.
- Research using standard query language
- Gather evidentiary support to show the need to use public health, population health, and outcomes-based solutions during clinical trials and real-world studies.
- Identify the best types of survey mechanism to capture data.
- Track and trend which survey mechanisms are most-commonly used within certain patient populations.
- Develop needs analysis for value-based study.
- Work and collaborate with clinical program managers and other teams.
- All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative and an ability to work well with others
- Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school. Candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following fall) for consideration
- Current student in Public Health or other Healthcare based discipline.
- Preference for students currently in a Master’s program
- Familiarity with PUBMED, SCOPUS, and other scientific database sites
- Familiarity with BOOLEAN query language preferred.
- Completed coursework in epidemiology, biostatistics, public policy, population health, and methods of research preferred.