Credit Union Meeting and Events Intern
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the CUNA Mutual Group Meetings and Events department within our Business Experience Unit. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. The Business Experience Unit is responsible for driving customer loyalty and revenue by delivering solutions to our customer’s business challenges and differentiating ourselves in the marketplace.
This position assists members of the Meetings and Events department with key event initiatives and projects. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions. The ideal candidate will have hospitality course work with a desire to move into a meeting profession after graduation.
Expect to work within a fast-paced, innovative culture. You’ll experience working on various CUNA Mutual Group events, both internal and external. The successful candidate will gain experience in all aspects of event planning from managing registration to meeting reconciliation and everything in between. No two days are the same as you’ll partner with the team, attend meetings and have the opportunity to work on cross functional teams.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad program working towards a bachelor’s degree
- Hospitality course work with a desire to move into a meeting profession after graduation.
- Strong computer (MS Office—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.