At Damar, our people are remarkable! Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, acceptance, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work!
Do you have a passion for working with kids? Do you think you have what it takes to help improve the lives of kids with autism? Damar Services is looking for passionate people with or without experience as an ABA Therapist. For those of you with experience, you already know how rewarding it can be…..for those of you with no experience, here is a little more information about this exciting career opportunity to help encourage you to apply…
What is ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis)?
Behavior analysis focuses on the principles that explain how learning takes place. Positive reinforcement is one such principle. When a behavior is followed by some sort of reward, the behavior is more likely to be repeated. Through decades of research, the field of behavior analysis has developed many techniques for increasing useful behaviors and reducing those that may cause harm or interfere with learning. Applied behavior analysis (ABA) is the use of these techniques and principles to bring about meaningful and positive change in behavior.
What would I be doing?
Our ABA Therapists follow ABA therapy techniques in specialized, client based sessions in order to successfully reach goals per the client’s behavior plan by performing a variety of duties related to verbal behavior, behavior modification, treatment plan implementation, data collection and intervention in individual treatment of clients.
Where would I work with clients?
We are a majority clinic based program, so you would work with clients at one of our three clinics. One is located in Avon, one is on the Southwest side of Indianapolis (near the airport), and one is located on the Northeast side of Indianapolis (Fall Creek).
What are the hours?
Monday – Friday (8:00am – 4:00pm)
How much would I make?
Starting pay: $16.00 – $22.00 an hour
Some of the ways we reward our remarkable ABA Therapists…
- Receive world-class training in the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Earn a pay increase and Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification within first 3 months
- Pay for school with up to $3,000 a year in Tuition Assistance
- Enjoy Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance options
- Save for your retirement with our 401(k) Plan Participation
- Take care of loved ones through our Damar provided Life Insurance and additional voluntary options
- Protect your income through Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance options
- Enjoy eligible holidays at home while getting paid with our Paid Holiday plan
- Take paid time off for rest and relaxation with our PTO plan
Remarkable ways you will be making a difference…
- Provide direct services to children diagnosed with Autism in an ABA setting using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Maintain neat, chronological documentation of all goals and behaviors
- Provide crisis intervention as necessary
- Interact professionally with parents, school, medical personnel, and others using only excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Keep abreast of current treatment technology, literature, practices, and regulations
- Ensure that the agency meets it quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements
- Respect the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community
What you need to be considered…
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must obtain Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Certification as outlined by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) within 60 days of initial hire.
- ABA therapy experience and/or experience working with children with autism is preferred but not required.
- Ability to use an iPad and computer.
- Must meet and maintain background screening requirements for all Damar Programs as detailed in policy 1.HR.02 Pre-Employment and Employee Background Checks.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical required.
Essential Job Functions:
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (up to 35lbs); to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.