This internship program gives individuals an understanding of how the Dragons organization is structured, what skills are required to perform the job functions, and what areas in the field of sports interest you most. If you’re looking for a job that will challenge and inspire you, a job that will offer tremendous professional and personal growth, and a job that will provide unique experiences, then Dayton Dragons Professional Baseball is the right place for you.
The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic environment and be willing to work extra, non-traditional hours.
Dragons Sports Management Assistants will be working in a variety of roles, including, but not limited to, the following:
DRAGONS GAME DAY ROLES
- Assisting with first pitches Set-up and tear down of plaza activities
- Pre-game VIP tours Assisting with sponsor promotions
- VIP Guest Services staff Assisting with post-game activities
- Selling 50/50 raffle tickets Customer Service Booth Guest Services
- Dragons Zone kid’s game area staff Dragons Den Team Store staff Box Office game day windows Handing out PlayBall! game programs
- Preparation of premium areas Game-day receptionist
- Promoting sponsor events Creation and inventory of tour bags
- Miscellaneous deliveries Tracking and expanding databases
- Coordinating scheduling Stadium and facilities preparation
- Retail sales experience Entertainment film request fulfillment
- Donation requests fulfillment Assisting with planning events
EVENTS AT THE BALLPARK (assisting with over 60 sponsor events):
- Movie nights Company picnics
- Great American Beer Tasting College Prep Night
- Dragons Kids Day Season Ticket Holder Party
- Happy hour events Company softball tournaments
- Baseball camps High school baseball games
- Dragons 5K College baseball games
- Ticket promotion and tabling Assisting with school assemblies
- Face painting at sponsor events Colored hair-spraying at events
- Field Trip Program tours Creating balloon animals at events
- Mascot appearances Assisting other departments as needed
START/END DATES & HOURS Late February – October 2022
- Home games: Monday-Saturday, 5:15pm–9:00pm (ending time varies by game).
- Sunday, 12:15pm–4:00pm (ending time varies by game).
- Training sessions: 9am-5pm, dates are to be determined. (all sessions are absolutely mandatory):
- Additional hours: Events at the park and special projects as scheduled (events typically occur on nights/weekends when the team is out of town).
- $9.30/hour. Dragons can assist with paperwork if class/course credit if applicable.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and headshot to Brittany Snyder, Manager of Corporate Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail at the address below:
Dayton Dragons Professional Baseball
Attn: Brittany Snyder
P.O. Box 2107
Dayton, Ohio 45401-2107
Deadline to apply: December 1, 2021
Dayton Dragons Professional Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.