MPH Internship Opportunity – Spring Semester 2022
Eli Lilly and Company- Global Patient Outcomes and Real World Evidence
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people everywhere.
As an intern in Lilly’s Global Patient Outcomes and Real World Evidence (GPORWE) team, you will provide scientific expertise and effective project oversight to ensure the successful fulfillment of the health outcomes research strategy to deliver better patient outcomes that are valued by payers and providers. Projects may focus on disease and/or treatments that Lilly is developing and span the entire lifecycle of clinical development and drug commercialization. Responsibilities include the conduct, quality, and integrity of health outcomes observational research studies. From these, you will ensure scientific disclosures, resulting from this research, demonstrate and apply in-depth knowledge, understanding, and evaluation of clinical, economic, and/or patient reported outcomes methodologies.
Effective communication of health outcomes research findings and concepts to internal and external business partners in the dissemination of this research to the scientific community is a crucial part of this role. In addition, your scientific leadership and effective collaboration in cross-functional initiatives, including collaborating with cross-functional colleagues is key.
The intern will apply the following MPH competencies during this internship:
- Apply epidemiological methods to the breadth of settings and situations in public health practice
- Select quantitative and qualitative data collection methods appropriate for a given public health context
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data using biostatistics, informatics, computer-based programming and software, as appropriate
- Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy or practice
- 2nd year Master of Public Health (MPH) student in epidemiology or biostatistics at Indiana University School of Public Health Bloomington.
- Experience conducting observational research studies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team-oriented/cross-functional environment
- Technical and analytic capabilities in the areas of burden of disease, epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, etc.
- Experience in immunology or neurodegenerative disease areas
- Knowledge of US real world databases
- Demonstrated project management skills
This internship will take place in Indianapolis, Indiana at the Eli Lilly and Company Corporate Center or virtually. Location of this internship will be determined closer to the start date.
This internship will occur during the Spring 2022 semester (~January 10th-April 30th, 2022). The intern will complete 300 internship hours during this time period.
This will be a paid internship.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to this internship, please send a cover letter and CV/resume to Patrick McCollam MCCOLLAM_PATRICK_L@LILLY.COM by November 3rd, 2021.