Position: This internship will focus on running the front desk at Fair Hills Resort and is geared toward a college student who is pursuing a degree in Hospitality & Tourism Management or Business Management. The front desk of the lobby is staffed from 7:30 am – 11 pm daily. The intern will be responsible for check-ins, check-outs, processing monetary transactions, answering phone calls, re-stocking front desk materials, and assisting guests with questions, concerns and requests. The intern will learn to use our Property Management System, Resort Data Processing (RDP). Each intern will be assigned an area to oversee; soda fountain, gift shop, meeting spaces, staffing etc. Front desk interns interact with guests more than anyone, and must have good interpersonal communication skills, a positive personality, and be quick to learn information important for guests and staff. Occasionally the intern may be asked to assist other departments when necessary. There are two shifts for front desk employees, morning and evening. This intern will report directly to the Front Office Manager & Reservations Manager. This internship will emphasize the following skills: efficiently using a Property Management System, guest services and guest relations.
Number of positions available
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.08 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal