Impact Lives on a Global Scale
Ever wonder if your contribution really matters? At Glanbia Performance Nutrition, we can honestly say it does. Established as one of the world’s largest sports nutrition companies, we’re now developing innovative products for the lifestyle market, too. We are on a journey to actively improve lives globally and invite you to do the same. You’ll have the chance to work with great brands, such as Optimum Nutrition, BSN, Isopure, Amazing Grass, think! and Slim Fast, as well as exciting development opportunities. Join us and pursue a meaningful career within a category that can truly change lives for the better.
Glanbia is a global nutrition company, grounded in science and nature and dedicated to providing better nutrition for every step of life’s journey. The company takes pure and clean ingredients including milk, whey and grains and using expert knowledge and capabilities produces high quality nutritional ingredients and branded consumer products for customers and consumers worldwide.
Glanbia Performance Nutrition is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glanbia headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. GPN manufactures and markets the full range of performance nutrition products including protein, pre-workout, muscle gainers and general health. Products are sold through a variety of channels including specialty retail, the internet and gyms in a variety of formats including powders, bars and Ready-to-Drink beverages. GPN has a global and expanding footprint with a current in-market presence in 24 countries.
Job/Project Summary: Be a key contributor to the GPN Optimum Nutrition Marketing Team and gain valuable hands on experience in brand management. Complete projects and address key business issues in order to help maintain ON’s position as the leading brand in the sports nutrition industry.
- GPN Marketing Internship will give you an opportunity to work on projects with the leading sports nutrition brand – Optimum Nutrition
- Project assignments will range from Brand Management, Marketing Activation, Innovation, Consumer Insights, Category Management & Analytics, and Digital Marketing
- Opportunity to work with cross-functional teams in Sales, Operations, Supply chain, R&D and Finance
- Develop your marketing and brand management skills
- Exposure to Brand Management, Innovation Development, and Consumer Insights
- Focusing on our target consumer learn how brand and product strategies are developed and executed
- Develop skills to convert data findings into insights, actions, and recommendations
- Develop cross functional team management
- Intern team project and final project presentation
- Strong Team collaboration
- Active participation in intern activities
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent): Job duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct business analysis to identify category, customer, shopper, and competitive industry trends and provide recommendations
- Support Brand Manager in NPD process by participating in cross functional meetings and assignments as provided
- Conduct competitive research on products, pricing, and promotional strategy
- Assist with the development of assets to support activation and product launches: Packaging, POS, in-store marketing displays, digital, shelf talkers, etc.
- Analyze business performance of new products and compile data for monthly business reviews
- Assist in the planning and execution of brand and/or customer events
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree majoring in Business, Communications, or Marketing
- Experience building and maintain relationships within a team
- Clear written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Ability to follow through on tasks with minimum direction
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.