Glanbia is a global nutrition company, grounded in science and nature and dedicated to providing better nutrition for every step of life’s journey. The company takes pure and clean ingredients including milk, whey and grains and using expert knowledge and capabilities produces high quality nutritional ingredients and branded consumer products for customers and consumers worldwide.
Glanbia Performance Nutrition is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glanbia headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. GPN’s brand portfolio consists of – Optimum Nutrition, BSN, Isopure, thinkThin, Nutramino ABB, Body & Fit, Amazing Grass and SlimFast, each with its own brand essence. GPN manufactures and markets the full range of performance nutrition products including protein, pre-workout, muscle gainers and general health. Products are sold through a variety of channels including specialty retail, the internet and gyms in a variety of formats including powders, bars and Ready-to-Drink beverages. GPN has a global and expanding footprint with a current in-market presence in 24 countries.
Glanbia Performance Nutrition has enjoyed consistent double-digit growth for the past seven years and has grown approximately 400% over the past six years. This growth has been achieved both organically and through acquisition. Today, GPN has approximately $1.2B in revenue and 2,300 employees worldwide. With state-of-the-art production facilities occupying over 500,000 square feet of operating space, GPN is the only sports nutrition company to manufacture and market items in every product category. Whether it’s nutritional bars, protein powders, ready-to-drink sports beverages, or vitamins, essential minerals, and herbs, GPN is able to control the integrity of all products through in-house manufacturing.
As the parent of Glanbia Performance Nutrition, Glanbia Plc is a global performance nutrition and ingredients group with leading market positions in cheese, whey proteins, sports nutrition and micronutrient premixes headquartered in Kilkenny, Ireland. Glanbia Plc has over 6,900 employees in 34 countries worldwide. Its products are sold or distributed in over 130 countries. The company is organized into a number of divisions; Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN), Glanbia Nutritionals, Glanbia Ireland and also a number of joint ventures. Revenues for Glanbia plc are approximately $4.1B. For more information visit the company website at: www.glanbia.com.
Glanbia Performance Nutrition is looking for a talented Sales Intern with passion for the Supplement Nutrition Industry that is self-motivated to learn the essential skills needed to effectively work within an industry leading organization. In this role, you will be a key contributor to the National Customers sales team and gain valuable hands on experience learning product and sales strategy. You will complete projects involving national retailers such as Amazon, Costco, Walmart, and Vitamin Shoppe that address key business issues in order to help maintain our position as the leading company in the sports nutrition industry.
- Gain deeper knowledge of sales concepts.
- Gain deeper understanding of sports nutrition industry: key companies/products, key retailers, intended benefits of products, etc.
- Improve analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Understand how the various functions (Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Legal, etc.) work together at a CPG company.
- Understand the facets of different national retailers (ecommerce, brick and mortar, omni-channel) and strategies to win at each one.
- Become more proficient at prioritizing tasks and managing deadlines.
- Learn how to time manage to deliver tasks on effectively and on-time.
- Learn business development.
- Learn competitive analysis to provide feedback within the market place.
- Be a detective to develop strategy:
- Uncover the largest category growth enablers.
- Develop a firm understanding of category and shopper dynamics.
- Be a pioneer:
- This is a first of a kind opportunity to explore new business opportunities on e-commerce retailers (Amazon, iHerb, etc.) and omni-channel retailers (Walmart, Costco, etc.) and determine how to land the growth enablers at each one.
- Develop reporting and analytical approaches for new growth opportunities.
- Define new ways of working with our GPN cross functional teams.
- Be a change agent:
- Influence sales and brand managers to test new concepts through sound shopper and consumer insights.
- Create compelling, data-driven stories that make it imperative for the sales and brand teams to take the right actions.
- Invent, simplify and scale:
- Identify process or organizational problems that slow down the team, and use your business knowledge and problem-solving skills to put scalable solutions in place to help the team make progress.
- Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent):
- Support National Customer Sales Managers by developing weekly sales analysis and reporting that can be shared within the organization.
- Work cross functionally between sales and brand managers to lead initiatives that drive growth and enhance consumer experience.
- Find, analyze, and share industry trends, keywords, and key influencers that enable GPN to be on the forefront of all nutrition and fitness trends and launch products with agility.
- Explore and pilot opportunities for new business models and initiatives to explore new revenue streams.
- Work / lead assigned group intern project that gets presented to the organization at the end of the internship.
- Work / meet with cross functional departments to gather accurate information / data to complete team projects.
- Professionally represent the company with consumers and customers.
- In the process of actively pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team
- Self-Motivated with Interest in Supplement Nutrition
- Clear written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Time Management
- Detail Oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.