Impact Lives on a Global Scale
Ever wonder if your contribution really matters? At Glanbia Performance Nutrition, we can honestly say it does. Established as one of the world’s largest sports nutrition companies, we’re now developing innovative products for the lifestyle market, too. We are on a journey to actively improve lives globally and invite you to do the same. You’ll have the chance to work with great brands, such as Optimum Nutrition, BSN, Isopure, Amazing Grass, think! and Slim Fast, as well as exciting development opportunities. Join us and pursue a meaningful career within a category that can truly change lives for the better.
Glanbia is a global nutrition company, grounded in science and nature and dedicated to providing better nutrition for every step of life’s journey. The company takes pure and clean ingredients including milk, whey and grains and using expert knowledge and capabilities produces high quality nutritional ingredients and branded consumer products for customers and consumers worldwide.
Glanbia Performance Nutrition is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glanbia headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. GPN manufactures and markets the full range of performance nutrition products including protein, pre-workout, muscle gainers and general health. Products are sold through a variety of channels including specialty retail, the internet and gyms in a variety of formats including powders, bars and Ready-to-Drink beverages. GPN has a global and expanding footprint with a current in-market presence in 24 countries.
Serve as a key contributor to the Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN) Strategy Team and gain valuable experience learning about GPN, our brands and the broader Sports Nutrition industry, including our customers, competitors, and consumers. Complete projects and address key business issues in order to help maintain GPN’s growth and position as the leading brand family in the sports nutrition industry.
· Deepen knowledge of corporate strategy concepts, including situational analysis, competitive strategy and industry analysis
· Improve understanding of the Sports Nutrition industry, including key companies/products, key retailers, consumer preferences, intended benefits of products, etc.
· Increase proficiency with technical tools (e.g. Excel pivot tables and analyses; PowerPoint slide design and formatting)
· Improve analytical and structured communication (written and verbal) skills
· Become more proficient at prioritizing tasks and managing deadlines for simultaneous projects
· Understand how the various functions (Manufacturing, Purchasing, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Strategy, etc.) work together at a CPG company
· Gain a realistic sense of what it would be like to work full-time on GPN’s Strategy team
· Successful completion of projects and tasks, working both independently and in team settings, showing steady improvement and incorporating feedback from managers
· Enthusiastically doing whatever the team needs to be successful and not putting self ahead of team
· Learning from mistakes by taking steps to ensure they are not repeated
· Become familiar with the Sports Nutrition industry and gain a better understanding of the GPN Strategy function
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent):
· Collaborate on Strategy projects, including identification of industry trends, potential industry evolution paths and risks/opportunities, and evaluating their potential impact on GPN’s strategy
· Analyze company and industry performance data to develop insights
· Participate in a cross-functional project to solve a broader GPN issue and present findings to the executive team
· Conduct research on customers and competitors and document key stats, news/updates, opportunities and threats
· Other projects as necessary in support of the Strategy team
· In the process of actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business (Finance, Accounting, Marketing), Economics, or related field
· Clear written communication and strong interpersonal skills
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to analyze data and develop fact-based insights
· Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.