HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a Fitness Program Manager at our new client site in Spencer, IN. In this position, you will be responsible for managing and directing all operational aspects of an on-site fitness program ensuring the highest level of participation, results achievement and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services. You will be responsible for contract compliance; development of and adherence to the strategic business plan; staff supervision, training and development; design and facilitation of a variety of health & fitness programs; and various administrative duties including developing outcomes focused management reports. You will also implement and instruct individual and group fitness programs, provide floor supervision, fitness testing, exercise prescriptions, and orientations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HealthFitness policies, procedures and applicable laws including recruiting, orienting, training, evaluating, developing and planning the succession of associates. Plans, assigns and directs work assignments to ensure staff remain challenged and productivity is maximized; provides training and development opportunities to promote and encourage career growth.
- Ensures all staff is properly trained and hold appropriate certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery; provides continuous feedback and coaching to all program staff to ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered. Conducts formal performance appraisals on an annual basis and initiates formal corrective action process when warranted.
- Leads regular individual and group staff meetings to ensure associates are informed about HealthFitness, client and program events, initiatives and status.
- Submits employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies.
- Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy to meet client objectives.
- Prepares and manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Manages the development of outcomes focused programs to meet client objectives; interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments as appropriate to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results; creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Directs the implementation of fitness center based individual and group fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs and special events; coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate. General oversight and management of Fitness Center(s) operations.
- Manages all fitness center program activities in accordance with HealthFitness operational, quality, safety and service standards.
- Designs and develops outcomes focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process; delivers personalized services and other programs to participants as applicable.
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data collected during health assessment and health promotion/membership activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements, including if applicable file transfer, processes, collaborating with related suppliers and/or storage.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- 2+ years related industry experience.
- Current CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Ability to lead, manage and operate a fitness center.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM (if not current will be required within 30 days of hire).
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification ACE, AFAA, ACSM or NETA (if not current will be equired within 30 days of hire).
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to teach a variety of group exercise class formats.
- First Aid certification preferred.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.