As a Reservations Intern at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, you will gain experience working in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. In addition to providing excellent guest service, you will be actively involved in our commitment to keeping our team engaged and informed by leading a sales incentive or creating a training document. Through experience and continued coaching, you will develop and refine skills such as analytical thinking, problem-solving, and sales, which can be applied to a variety of career paths.
- Provide accurate information regarding the Hershey destination including rates, package plans, events, promotions, and attractions.
- Think analytically to seek alternatives and resolve guest opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales techniques with the objective of maximizing revenue and providing a personalized, excellent customer experience.
- Accurately detail guest reservations.
- Develop technical skills with ResortSuite, G Suite, and other Reservations and office systems.
- Develop and utilize professional language through daily responsibilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have clear communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Desire and willingness to learn and grow
- Self-motivated with personal drive for success
- Organization and planning skills
- Positive demeanor
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week from May – August
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays, based on business needs
- Rate of pay is $10.50/hour
- Team members have the opportunity to earn additional income through an incentive program.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete a typing test with a result of at least 32 Words Per Minute during the interview process
- Interns may be required to work from home, if the office remains closed due to the ongoing public health crisis. If so, please note:
- Work must be completed within the state of Pennsylvania
- Employees must have a quiet place to conduct work, free from distractions and background noise
- Hershey Entertainment & Resorts will provide the necessary computer, monitors, and equipment, however the agent is responsible for providing high speed/broadband internet
- Housing is not provided with this internship.
- Must be able to commit to one of the following training groups:
- May 17-21 and 24-28
- June 1 – 4 and 7-11
- Training sessions are held 9 AM – 4 PM weekdays during each session
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer