Calling all adventurers, sports gurus, creators, coaches and performers far and wide! Independent Lake Camp is on a mission to create the best summer ever for their campers and we need you on board!
If you’re looking for a role where you can share your skills, teach kids, be surrounded by a unique and diverse team of young adults and live in a paradise of high-energy fun for the summer…. look no further.
Independent Lake Camp is a co-ed, non-traditional, sleep away camp located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. ILC is dedicated to celebrating diversity, promoting creativity and empowering individual growth through camper- chosen individualized scheduling. Independent Lake Camp attracts campers and counselors from all over the USA and abroad, catering to kids aged 6-17 and offering 2 to 8 week sessions. ILC is located 2.5 hours north of New York City and 2.5 hours from Philadelphia in the small town of Orson, PA.
What We Are Looking For:
The horseback riding counselor will be working as instructors of (mostly) English riding technique in the ring and on trails (occasional western). They will use lead line to walk beginners as well as instruct experienced riders in jumping and other more advanced skills. They will also take care of the horses, clean the stalls, and teach horsemanship & husbandry to campers. Counselors will live in camper bunks and are responsible for supervising campers.
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Need:
– A positive outlook and ability to energize those around you
– Great communication skills with children and colleagues
– A focus on safety and mental wellbeing for the campers
– You will need to be a team player
– A passion for teaching
– You will need Initiative, problem solving skills and responsibility
– To live and breathe the mission of ILC – Please take a moment to read our mission statement to understand how we operate.
What The Role Involves:
Day to day, our counselors are responsible for the following key tasks –
– Teach Horseback riding 5 periods each day
– Live in a bunk with 6-12 campers and co counselor
– Check in on and support the wellbeing of your campers
– Inspire and empower all campers to be the best version of themselves
– Supervise and mentor campers during meals, downtime and bunk activities.
– Engage and participate in daily group evening activities and camp events ie bring the fun
What We Will Provide:
Independent Lake Camp will provide you with a summer of exponential professional growth, irreplaceable friendships, lifelong memories, and untold fun within the beauty of our natural setting. Our staff are the most important aspect of running a quality camp. We offer plenty of time off, one period every day and 4 nights per week. You will also receive one day off per week, not including the first and last week of your contract. This is a live in position which includes lodging and food.
Check out our socials – Vimeo, facebook, Soundcloud, instagram, youtube
Position Dates: June 19th, 2022- August 22nd, 2022. Pre and Post camp work available on request.