About the Indiana State Department of Health (IDOH):
The Indiana State Department of Health’s mission is to promote and provide essential public health services for a healthier and safer state.
The salary for this position is commensurate with education and/or experience.
About the Job:
The purpose of this position is to support the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Division at the Indiana Department of Health by coordinating implementation, on-going monitoring and support of home visiting providers, using both State and Federal funding. This position reports directly to the Federal Programs Manager in MCH and works in sync with other programs and professionals serving the MCH population within the Division and Commission.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- The Home Visiting Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of both the federal Maternal Infant Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) and state funded home visiting grant programs in a manner that meets all federal and state requirements.
- Assist with budget development and grant writing for funds to support home visiting initiatives and projects.
- Coordinate statewide data reporting and analysis of home visiting programs, including (but not limited to): presenting data with external partners, providing technical assistance to implementing agencies, and facilitating a data committee.
- Monitor effectiveness of provider performance using a variety of methods including regular site visits, capacity reports and data reviews and additional reporting mechanisms as available through model owners and other available sources.
- Collect progress reports from providers to monitor achievement toward goals and objectives and prepare all required reports to the federal government.
- Conduct training and provide technical assistance to home visiting providers regarding grant guidance, data, quality improvement or other identified areas of need.
- Participate in training opportunities related to home visiting and essential job responsibilities.
- Staff must work closely with internal and external partners, including existing home visiting networks.
- Staff will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with local implementing agencies, Department of Child Services, Nurse Family Partnership, My Health Baby, Help Me Grow and other local, state, regional, and national partners.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What You’ll Need for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Areas of study may include public health, health administration, education, healthcare, psychology, social work, or similar disciplines. Master’s in public health preferred.
Additional requirements include:
- Experience coordinating state and/or federal grants.
- Strong interest and understanding of data, including reporting, presentation of data and providing technical assistance to support data collection and analysis
- Highly motivated and able to take initiative
- Ability to write for and manage large grants and associated responsibilities
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, both big and small
- Working knowledge of organization and function of the Indiana Department of Health
- Ability to work under pressure/tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate extremely well verbally and in writing – prepare written and oral reports and presentations that communicate necessary information to internal and external partners.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude
- Able to work well under pressure and shifting priorities independently and as a team member
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
The Home Visiting Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Federal Programs Manager. This role may serve as a team lead for an assigned work group.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to the Federal Programs Manager, Laura Doggett at email@example.com