Known for its presentation of a wide variety of events from the latest popular concerts and Broadway attractions to university ceremonies and conference events, IU Auditorium is a 3,200-seat proscenium venue that has been a model of campus and community programming and engagement since it opened in 1941. We are excited to bring into our Auditorium family a dynamic team member who can uphold our reputation of providing expert and professional service.
Responsibilities of the Events Coordinator include:
- Coordination of events at IU Auditorium Open Air Venues.
- The coordination of lobby events, serves as lead coordinator for non-ticketed events.
- Preparing estimates and bills for all non-ticked events.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of non-ticketed events at the IU Auditorium lobby and Presidents Hall.
- Initiating and conducting consultation meetings with rental clients, ascertaining what equipment and services will be needed for event.
- Conducting meetings and/or creating Event Planning Documents and layouts for event staff to distribute all event information.
- Leading the implementation and evaluation of venue event plans.
- Ensuring the event is well-organized and the client is pleased with their experience, both during the planning process and during the event.
- Working with the Guest Services Manager to ensure that staffing levels are adequate for the event yet stay within the budgetary parameters.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Tourism Management, Arts Management, or a related field.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in guest and client service.
- Demonstrated competency in planning and organizing.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and understanding of brand execution and adherence.
- Ability to work under stress while projecting a feeling of confidence and competence to others.
- Supervisory and leadership abilities with a range of different employee and client groups.
- Flexible and adapt easily.
- Team player.
- Proficiency in Windows programs including Word, Access, and Excel.
- Emphasize pride in work, fun in the workplace, and a positive approach to attaining and exceeding goals.
Working Conditions / Demands
This position works in various locations and/or venues across campus. Work may take place on uneven ground. Position may require standing for extended periods of time.
$15.00 per hour.
Career Level: Temporary
Job Function: Temporary Hourly
Job Family: Temporary Regular
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University’s COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.