Note: This internship will straddle summer and fall dates. Best fit for a graduating senior who has flexibility with start and end dates.
The Sycamore at Mallow Run is looking for someone who is interested in event planning and event production. The paid internship is a combination of event days (indoor and outdoor events,
weddings, corporate events, fund-raiser, concert series) as well as an office setting; handling event-related administrative work. As an intern, you will be involved in the coordination of events and be a part of the event planning process first-hand. Interns will also assist in the marketing of the events and venue. This internship is available from July-October.
An ideal candidate:
● is creative, punctual, has a strong work ethic and is task-oriented
● possesses the ability to answer questions and communicate in both a written and oral manner, and do so promptly via text, email, or other established platform
● is willing to take and follow through on tasks/orders
● is aware of design/industry trends
● is professional in appearance and manner
Requirements (flexible schedule that best fits the needs):
● Availability for at least 75% of weekend days (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) required (shifts may extend until midnight depending on event and responsibilities)
● Availability on weekdays
● Attend at least one team meeting per month
● Attend weekly meetings with clients/vendors
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
● Assist Event Coordinators with events and special projects and administrative duties as assigned – including vendor/event research, selection, and management
● Assist with social media and marketing/communications – pitching feature stories, writing sections for newsletters, digital marketing, materials distribution
● Assistance with email correspondence and organization
● Shadowing on venue site visits and client & vendor meetings
● Assist with on-site event set up and tear down
● Assist the day of an event (may be on your feet for up to 12 hours at a time)
● Bartender training and opportunities available to candidates 21+ years of age
Qualifications, we are looking for someone with:
● A passion for the event planning industry and marketing
● Great attitude and strong work ethic
● Outgoing, articulate and personable
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Familiar and professional on social media
● Can work in a fast-paced environment and keep a level head; ability to multi-task
● Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
● Able to work well as part of a team
● Please confirm if you have graphics experience when you apply.
To apply, please send your resume, internship requirements, and general schedule availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks so much for your interest in working at The Sycamore at Mallow Run!