Independently, as well as collaboratively, conduct research studies to advance the principal investigator’s goals as well as department and research programs. Overall the position involves (i) performing mixed-methods human subjects research using community-engaged approaches, (ii) designing and implementing behavioral and educational interventions in the fields of emergency medicine and community health disparities, (iii) educating trainees, staff and collaborators on various research designs, processes and methods, and (iv) analyzing data, compiling results, and authoring reports, papers and presentations for public, community and academic dissemination.
- Design and implement research protocols for community-based, behavioral intervention, health disparities, and emergency medicine research programs.
- Coordinate and conduct research studies of survey-based, qualitative, and clinical nature.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring quality data control for specific studies.
- Collaborate with principal investigators from different disciplinary backgrounds in determining optimal study designs, data warehousing methods, and analytic plans for grants and projects.
- Participate in meetings with principal investigator and research team to coordinate project activities and meet timelines and deliverables.
- Assist in the development of program materials including educational materials, marketing materials, websites, forms, and reports.
- Participate in research development through contact with outside programs and review of funding opportunities so as to initiate individual and collective grant-supported and industry-sponsored research.
- Ensure compliance, and craft appropriate documents, for regulatory agencies and as per institutional policies.
Education and Dissemination
- Liaise with project and community partners to facilitate mutual learning and benefit in collaborations.
- Educate research assistants, trainees, and partners in specific research methods, or on design elements, to ensure project success
- Develop online tools and resources for such education as needed for projects.
- Organize and coordinate internal and/or external project meetings, conferences, symposia, and special events.
- Participate on appropriate committees relevant to the advancement of the program and the profession or area of research.
- Author reports, manuscripts, and presentations for research projects as assigned.
Full-time with flexibility to meet business needs
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Expertise in qualitative research methods and analysis, biostatistics, health behavior intervention theory and design, as well as clinical research processes and community-based participatory research methods. Data management and grant-writing; familiarity in STATA/SPSS, NVivo/Atlas, Redcap, and team-based research.
This position requires PhD/DrPH/MD+MS (or equivalent) in health services research, public health, behavioral science or similarly relevant fields
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.