- This position is located at Big Foot High School and Williams Bay High School.
- This position works varied hours based on athletic schedules at Big Foot High School and Williams Bay High School facilities.
- This position will work at our locations between the WI and IL border.
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Performs assessment of injury or condition and takes appropriate follow up steps to ensure safe and proper care.
- Prescribes routine, preventive, and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles, increase balance, and improve flexibility.
- Provides practice, game, and event coverage for assigned area.
- Responds to medical emergencies and provides assessment, stabilization, and first aid.
- Makes recommendations for athletic participation and return to sport guidelines.
- Completes accurate documentation of assessment and referrals.
- Recommends proper nutritional guidelines to athletes.
- Refers athletes to physician or for continued care per protocol.
- Applies bracing and taping to athletes; performs manual techniques to relieve symptoms and improve function.
- Treats chronic minor injuries and related disabilities to maintain athletes’ performance.
- Collaborates with sports medicine providers, physicians, and other allied health professionals.
- May work in a clinic setting with physician or under the direction of a physical therapist.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- BOC certification.
- Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 day .
- State Licensure in Wisconsin, Illinois, or both if required, in process, application must be pending at start date.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with proof of vehicle insurance when requested.
- Have and maintain an acceptable driving record per Mercy’s HR-01-Fleet Safety policy.
Special Physical Demands
- The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and crouch; talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Therapy, Sports Medicine, College Sports, High School Sports
EOE&AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Mercy is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under Affirmative Action Plans.