- Top Performers Sports Facility
- Variable Schedule based on volumes/training needs on Saturdays
Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work and continually evaluates new programs and benefits. We have been recognized locally, regionally and nationally for helping our workers achieve a work/life balance through benefit offerings and innovative programs.
Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Performs initial intake sessions for clients, including phone contacts and orientation of clients to programs.
- Monitors client response to exercise programs, works with athlete to establish appropriate and realistic goals.
- Demonstrates activities and techniques to improve performance, with regard for safety of participant and coach.
- Educates clients and families regarding anatomy, physiology, and proper training methods.
- Designs and writes training programs for athletes and participants at ability specific levels, using evidence-based methods.
- Ensures proper documentation of session is performed and meets requirements.
- Perform running analysis, metabolic testing, and other sport-specific assessments
- Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with high school and collegiate eligibility rules in regard to student athletes.
- Promotes the sports performance program to local athletes, coaches, and the community, participating in educational and marketing programs.
- Performs individual and group marketing to schools, teams, and groups.
- Participates in clinic meetings, in-services, and community education to represent the program and Mercyhealth.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology or related field, such as Kinesiology or Athletic Training.
Approved CPR or BLS certification
Certification in Speech and Agility Instruction (ASFA), Strength and Conditioning (NSCA), Performance Enhancement (NASM), or FMS certification.
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and crouch; talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
EOE&AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Mercy is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under Affirmative Action Plans.