FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Hours: Flexible scheduling; minimum of 15 hours a week; opportunity to work up to 30 hours a week
Reports to: Fitness Coordinator
Provide safe and effective one-to-one personal training to program participants. Be able to guide, educate, and motivate participants toward reaching their personal fitness goals. A working knowledge of strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular training with ability to pass knowledge on to participants. A drive to help others, have a focus on community enrichment, and a desire to play a role in bettering lives through their passion for health and fitness.
- Responsible for connecting with client in timely manner to establish training routine.
- Able to create safe, effective program for each individual client utilizing education and creative fitness tools.
- Maintain tracking records of all clients profiles for both data base and client retention.
- Available to train on a consistent basis. Must be available evenings and weekends. Minimum of three clients required.
- Model best practices for creating and establishing a team concept with fellow personal trainers.
- Must hold a National Personal Training Certification from an accredited organization. ACSM, ACE, or NASM certified trainers preferred. Degree in physical education health or field related to exercise physiology is preferred but not required.
- Must have a positive and caring attitude and willingness to help individuals achieve their fitness goals by implementing the YMCA mission statement and character development philosophy (i.e., caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility) into personal training.
- Trainers with experience or education in working with special populations, elderly, youth, and other member bases are highly preferred.
The YMCA of Monroe County, founded on Christian principles, is a charitable organization with an inclusive environment committed to enriching the quality of family, spiritual, social, mental and physical well-being. Through group exercise classes, youth programs, swim lessons, adult health programs, and more, we aim to build a healthier Monroe County. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
YMCA – MONROE COUNTY
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Through group exercise classes, youth programs, swim lessons, adult health programs, and more, we aim to build a healthier Monroe County. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.