Reports to: Risk Management Coordinator
Support and guide members as they acclimate to YMCA wellness facilities. Create and build relationships to foster strong community within the YMCA. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all fitness equipment and fitness centers.
• Provide information on facility services, policies, programs, volunteer opportunities, and special events.
• Be knowledgeable about program areas, cardio, and strength equipment. Be able to demonstrate correct and safe usage of equipment. Meet with members individually and in small groups for appointments.
• Follow up with members from appointments and as needed.
• Show interest in the member as a person and initiate interaction with and between members and staff. Be available to members at all times.
• Greet members and guests. Get to know their names.
• Use proper communication channels to report equipment in need of repair, issues with the facility, and concerns/complaints of members.
• Keep facility/equipment clean and free of clutter.
• Be ready and able to respond to all emergencies.
• Emphasize fun; make the Y a happy place with positive relationships.
• Must be able to regularly lift and carry 50 pounds, work with hands overhead, and work on hands and knees.
• Needs to be a people person – one who excels at connecting with others.
• Knowledge of fitness equipment is helpful but not required.
• Must be 18 years old.
The YMCA of Monroe County, founded on Christian principles, is a charitable organization with an inclusive environment committed to enriching the quality of family, spiritual, social, mental, and physical well-being. Through group exercise classes, youth programs, swim lessons, adult health programs, and more, we aim to build a healthier Monroe County. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
YMCA – MONROE COUNTY
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Through group exercise classes, youth programs, swim lessons, adult health programs, and more, we aim to build a healthier Monroe County. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.