Position Dates: Approximately January 10, 2022, through May 6, 2022
Education Requirements: Enrolled in or completed a graduate degree program
Qualifications: Graduate degree in Public Health, Communications, English or equivalent combination of training and experience
Work Location: Central Indiana/Remote (To provide a safe and healthful workplace during the pandemic in-person contact will be limited) (MpoweredtobE is an LLC located in Central Indiana)
Application Process: Please send resume, two references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Spring Internship
Summary and Position Description
MpoweredtobE improves lives and communities through healing and transformation. We passionately empower and inspire positive behavior change through art and wellness-based practices. MpoweredtobE provides coaching, facilitation, keynote presentations, and workshops centered around holistic well-being and creative healing. We are looking for someone to help grow and grow with the small, dynamic business. This role may be for you if you want to gain experience in public health, creative healing, program development and implementation, grant writing, community health assessment, and community development. While this is an unpaid internship, interns will have the opportunity to receive academic credit to apply to their degree program, engage in various networking/professional development opportunities, gain field experience, and share feedback and creative ideas to shape business offerings.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Spring Community Health Intern will support the programs and communications of MpoweredtobE by collaborating with stakeholders within the US to ensure that programs and communication efforts are well developed and constructed within business standards. The top priority is to enhance the well-being of clients and promoting positive wellness choices community wide. The Community Health Intern will work closely with the Director of MpoweredtobE. Community Health intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Community Engagement Efforts 30%
• Assist with coalition building and stakeholder engagement (proactively identifying opportunities)
• Coordinate, evaluate, and analyze wellness workshops and presentations
• Research and investigate grant sources or program initiatives
• Support special events and community requests
Social Media Planning and Execution 30%
• Assist with building social media presence
• Support communications by crafting, writing, and editing creative and engaging content for different audiences, to be used for events, website, Eventbrite, social media, etc.
• Assist with social media planning, post creation and scheduling, and development of future social media campaigns
Public Relations Communication 25%
• Build and maintain MailChimp or other customer contact needs
• Assist with the development and execution support materials, promotional materials, programs, and events, such as, media kits
• Assist with the company newsletter development and execution
Other duties as needed, time permitting 15%
• Assist with maintaining the events calendar and development of new themes and ideas
• Attend other meetings to understand how business is partnering
• Assist with administration that supports the mission and vision of the business
The Spring intern must demonstrate:
• The ability to work independently and consult with professional staff when appropriate
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Skills in multi-tasking, organization, and prioritization of project tasks
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, social media platforms, Canva and other design tools
• Experience creating web materials preferred
• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation
To formally apply for the MpoweredtobE Spring 2022 Community Health Internship position, please write a cover letter expressing your interest in the position along with, two letters of reference, and a resume. The cover letter should be addressed to the MpoweredtobE. Please email the cover letter, reference list, and resume as a PDF document to email@example.com.
Requirements for Completing Internship:
• Flexibility in scheduling; all internships may require evening and/or weekend hours
• Acceptable performance of assigned duties
• Satisfactory completion of assigned project(s)
• Completion of Internship Portfolio
• Completion of Weekly Reports
• Completion of Final PowerPoint to MPOWEREDTOBE Staff
• Adherence to established dress code
Here are a few sample questions that we would like for you to address in your cover letter.
• Why are you interested in a Spring internship? Which area(s) are you interested in?
• Why would you be a good fit? What specific qualities would you bring?
• What do you hope to gain from this position?
Deadline to submit cover letter, references and resume is Tuesday, November 30, 2021