For 48+ years NOC has led the outdoor industry, taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, wilderness medicine as well as unmatched retail service, food service, lodging, and trip planning services. Behind NOC’s success is our staff’s commitment to our five core values: Lead by Example, Service Before Self, Do the Right Thing, Work Hard/Play Hard and Make it Happen. These core values unite a community of leaders and pioneers in an exciting, fun and always changing work environment.
NOC career opportunities offer a rare combination of work in beautiful locations, a chance to grow skills and to share a passion for active outdoor recreation. Ideal candidates are leaders in the workplace that wish to join a unique, values-driven organization. They aspire to excellence in their fields and disciplines and they demonstrate a commitment to the service of others. Above all, they want to provide guests with unforgettable experiences. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply to join the NOC team.
- Learn on the job training and mentoring in their field of study & selected functional area
- Participate in professional development events and workshops during their time here
- Build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal and professional skills.
- Hospitality interns will participate in a multi-phase rotation through the properties restaurant operations to achieve and learn the following:
- Become familiar with the resort campus, organization structure, and 3 food & beverage outlets across the property.
- Learn fundamental skills and laws including sanitation laws, health code, and restaurant, lodging, and repair & maintenance responsibilities through observation and hands on experience throughout the property.
- Assist the restaurant, lodging, and R&M team in preparing for business and executing to our service standards by ensuring all opening duties are completed, pre-shift meetings are conducted, and that any tasks associated with the flow of business are followed through.
- Produce consistent levels of service by working with the team to follow our service standards and/or management directions.
- Testing of products to ensure consistent quality and guest experiences.
- Conduct market research to identify relevant trends and opportunities.
- Produce regularly scheduled reporting as required support of all projects.
- Lead teams on a regular basis in multiple different outlets and lodging areas
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Understand and can manage processes and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication, professional demeanor.
- Able to manage heavy workload, prioritize well and meet deadlines.
- Passionate about food, trends and dining.
- Continuous authorization to work in the United States.
- Full-time 2nd or 3rd year student currently enrolled in Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Hotel and/or Restaurant Manager.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures while holding team members accountable. Restaurant menu development, culinary arts, hospitality, casual/fine dining, recipes, restaurant management, culinary management, cooking, hotels, hotel management, rooms management, engineering
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- On feet for most of the shifts; shifts can be over 8 hours
- Must work most holidays and weekends as business dictates
- Must be comfortable using foodservice equipment and software and be able to jump into any position as needed once trained
- River’s End Restaurant
- Big Wesser BBQ and Brew
- Relia’s Restaurant and Group functions
- All areas of lodging to include cabins and base camps
The above-noted description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of the position.