The Lodging Intern is responsible for completing rotations in PBX, Reservations, and the Front Office over the course of the three-month internship program. During weeks one and two, the individual in this position will gain practical experience while working as a Hotel Operator and Reservations Agent. The remaining portion of the internship will involve working as a Front Desk Agent. The Lodging Intern is responsible for communicating with resort guests in a professional manner, developing phone list knowledge in order to transfer calls appropriately, and utilizing LMS computer applications. In addition, he or she assists guests with the check-in and check-out process, makes reservations for resort activities, and maintains updated information regarding resort hours of operation and events.
- Personally greeting guests upon initial contact.
- Performing PBX functions as requested by the Front Office Manager.
- Developing knowledge of LMS computer applications, ARTS computer applications, and SpaSoft.
- Providing guests with assistance at the front desk during the check-in and check-out process as well as throughout the course of their stay.
- Ensuring that resort guests are familiar with the location of their rooms.
- Maintaining knowledge of the resort’s services, amenities, and attractions.
- Developing an understanding of the reservations process.
- Making walk-in reservations for on and off site dining, activities, and entertainment.
- Keeping updated information regarding hours of operation, menus, and special packages available at all times.
- Maintaining cleanliness in all work areas.
- Performing any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- High school diploma required.
- Candidate must have the ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Must be enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program in Hospitality Management or a related discipline.
- Candidate must have the ability to speak English fluently.