What is Noblesville Main Street:
We are a nationally accredited non-profit in Noblesville that exists to lead and organize community resources to develop and promote the economic and cultural vitality of downtown Noblesville while preserving and enhancing authentic historic assets. A huge part of our job is to help create and enhance the community feel when you come downtown.
Noblesville Main Street is now in its 29th year of service to the heart of downtown Noblesville. Our focus continues to grow but is rooted in providing a positive experience by connecting our community around a wonderful, organic and historic asset in the Hamilton County Courthouse and surrounding blocks of businesses and residences.
Our programs, like the Farmers Market, draw more than 4,000 residents and visitors to our downtown each weekend, and special events, like the annual Street Dance, have attendance numbers exceeding 18,000 people in the heart of downtown. Our events continue to play an important part in the downtown Noblesville experience.
Noblesville Main Street also works in many ways that are less visible. We are divided into four committees (organization, economic development, design and
promotions), each with a specific focus. Within that focus, each committee sets detailed goals and works diligently to achieve those goals. These committees are comprised of
dedicated board members and volunteers who have a passion for downtown Noblesville.
Scope of work:
This is a very fast paced organization where the Intern will experience the intricacies of a non-profit organization uniquely positioned between both private and
public organizations. They will see how a non-profit is run, sit in on board meetings, committee meetings, and city hall meetings. The summer is prime event season for
Noblesville Main Street. The intern will assist with planning and execution of all summer events. The intern will work most weekends in the summer and should plan to
be available for work almost every Saturday from May-August and evenings through the week. This list of job duties is not all-encompassing but covers the majority of what the
Intern will be involved in:
• Social media: creating content, and marketing strategies
• Writing and releasing press releases
• Farmers Market: vendor management, on site coordination
• Street Dance: create marketing, vendor management, on site coordination, layout design
• Duck Race: ticket sale management, vendor management, on site coordination
• Collaborating with other non-profits in the areas on local initiatives
• Planning First Friday events
• Creating and distributing agendas, budgets and sponsorship leads.
• Attending committee meetings, board meetings, and various others throughout the week.
• Manage volunteers
• Collaborating with City officials on various projects.
• Have an interest in event planning
• Have an interest in non-profit management
• Need a 40hr/week internship to graduate
• Be in the third or fourth year of related major
• Possess organization and multi-tasking skills
• Consider themselves to be self-sufficient, responsible, flexible and able to work diligently
• Perform well under pressure
• Have some experience in event planning, or management in a related field or environment
This is an unpaid internship, but we will be happy to work with any students who may be looking to gain internship credit.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to the Community Relations and Promotions Manager, Jenny Cline at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5th at 4:00 pm.
Noblesville Main Street Summer Internship Program
What is Noblesville Main Street: